Kid's Christmas Party & Parent Date Night
Friday, November 30th, 6:00-9:00pm
Bring your kids to Sycamore for a Christmas Pajama Party while you enjoy a date night!
Children are in for a blast as they enjoy a craft activity, enjoy a pizza dinner, and watch a fun movie as they snuggle in their blankets and enjoy fresh popcorn!
Sign your children up here!
Interested in helping grow God's Kingdom by investing in our youngest generation?
Volunteer to be a Sunday School teacher! Teachers are needed in all classes for the 2018-2019 term that runs September-June 9. (Please be aware that teachers are required to be members of Sycamore and at least 18 years old.)
For more information or to sign up, contact Becky Boone.
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
Purpose Statement and Principles:
The purpose of our children’s ministry is to glorify God by:
- Encouraging and supporting community parents in their responsibility to provide direct teaching and to model consistent Christian living
- Providing regular opportunities for our children to know Christ in a personal way and to grow in their relationship with Him
- Encouraging, supporting and training teachers for ministry to families and children
- Developing a community that allows worship, learning and serving in an exciting atmosphere
- Preparing kingdom disciples to be the “salt and the light” in the world
Deuteronomy 6:4 - 9
Through complete reliance upon the Lord and prayer, we will endeavor to nurture kingdom disciples who:
Retain a secure undertanding of the entire inspired Word of God via stimulating teaching: Sunday School, Kid's Worship, and VBS
Participate in worship (personally, as a family and corporately): Church Service and Sunday School music
Serve Him by reaching out to others: VBS, Missions Camp and other service - related opportunities
- Enjoy fellowship and mentoring events which establish their place within our Church body: Special Church-wide and Young Family Events
For more information or if you are interested in becoming involved in children's ministry, contact Becky Boone.